ALPB 130th Meeting Saturday March 17th

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
ALPB 130th Meeting Saturday March 17th

One of the Most Crucial Meetings in ALPB History

The future leadership of the ALPB remains undecided as the search continues for a new Chairman-Administrator to manage the ALPB Forum, Website, and General Management.

Meeting time Saturday, March 17th, 6 PM EDT.

[EDIT See next post in this thread for important information.]

The Interim Chairman of the ALPB has reminded that OFFICIAL ALPB BUSINESS will be conducted in the ALPB Keyboard Forums and no longer at the TeamSpeak Meetings!

There is a New ALPB Business Thread where updates and regular business will take place!

Social TeamSpeak Meetings will continue on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month starting at 7 PM EDT, but no formal business will transpire at those gatherings.

Carl Blare

I did State at the meeting

I did State at the meeting that I did like the voice meetings better we'll have to see how this all works out but at least we still have the social meetings.

I think voice meetings make it more up close and personal than texting. I do understand though for the people that are not in the United States being members of our group. But at the same time it really does take the personalization out of it which I thought the group was really into. It was one of the reasons I joined the group in the first place was because of the TeamSpeak meeting and the actual socializing and talking to a person and human being. It's like when you buy something at a store and you have to deal with the automated voicemail instead of a human being. When you deal with a human being you feel like you're a valued customer versus an automated system. Just my take on it.

Progressive Rock (Album Rock, Deep Tracks), Classic Rock

More Power for Hobby Broadcasters

Changes Can Be Changed

TheLegacy says:  "I think voice meetings make it more up close and personal than texting."

Maybe whoever becomes the new Chairman-Admin will change it back to formal voice meetings... it could happen.

I will be at the new social meeting this Saturday evening at 7 PM EST to see who shows up.

Even though most of us don't have the time or interest in becoming a chairman or leader of the ALPB, we have definitely cast our vote that the ALPB should continue, and we are always free to request changes.

Bob Felmly knew what a big job it was doing what he did for 5-years, and I don't think most of us realized what a big job it actually is.

Those of us at the social voice mettings can always plot to have our wishes carried out.

Carl Blare

The current process was voted

The current process was voted on by the members at the previous ALPB meeting and passed (i.e., business conducted via the ALPB Forum, meetings social only).  This was in response to various complaints and issues put forward about the meetings.

I view what is currently transpiring as an experiment, and we'll have to see how it works.  Once the new ALPB Chairman has been elected, he or she could certainly put forward a motion to change things.  In fact, any ALPB member, even during this transition period, can do that at any time.

New ALPB members are always welcome.

E.D.T not E.S.T.

E.D.T not E.S.T.

Druid Hills Radio AM-1710- Dade City, FL. Unlicensed operation authorized by the Part 15 Department of the FCC and our Resident Hobby Agent.  

I will try my best to make it

I will try my best to make it, just for fun, not business.

Jim Henry HBR Radio 1610, serving Honey Brook, PA. and NW Chester County.